Applicants have to apply for a Madhya Pradesh birth certificate registration according to the Birth and Death Registration Act and Madhya Pradesh Birth and Death Registration ruling. Every birth is to be reported and registered at the place of its occurrence in the prescribed reporting forms. There are various certificates and applications for obtaining birth certificates and the service of planning, economic and statistics department can be connected with and availed through multiple channels enabled by MP Government. For instance, they can coordinate those through the e-KYC, LSK, CSC, MPO Kiosks. Most of the information about these processes regarding
Kiosk location, required documents, timeline fee applicable etc., are mentioned on the Madhya Pradesh e-District website.
The eDistrict is a website with various Government processes, and people can coordinate and download the application forms if they are trying to get through them. In some Madhya Pradesh districts, the same website assists with the application for a residence certificate as well as a caste certificate. People should go through the website that connects to the district that they are from when they are applying for registering their Madhya Pradesh birth certificate.
Here are some of the documents needed when getting a Madhya Pradesh birth certificate
● After 21 days to within a month of birth: Identity proof of the mother and father
● After one month to a year of birth: District Statistics Officer order and Identity proof of the mother and father
● After one year to 15 years of birth: Magistrate’s order, Identity proof of the mother and father, birth registration application form at ward/zone/head office.
● OR they can fill an online application on the portal along with the scanned copy of supporting documents.
The supporting documents that have to be submitted are:
● A hospital discharge card in case of Institutional birth
● Identity proof of the applicant in the original
Additionally, for a Madhya Pradesh birth certificate, people have to submit any of the following documents as proof of their identity.
● PAN Card
● Aadhar Card/ SSSM ID
● Electricity Bill
● Property Tax Receipt
● Ration Card, (BPL, APL & AY)
● Election or Voter Card
● Driving License or Passport
Here are some links that people can use if they are planning on getting through the registration process. They have to make sure the websites they are using are linked to the right district in Madhya Pradesh, and it should be the one closest to where they live.