The Government coordinated the building of an online platform to get a Mizoram birth certificate since the offline option was taking too long and tedious. Additionally, to make the process easier for themselves, they used the same platform for a lot of their other registration processes, including the registration of death certificates, residence certificate and legal heir certificate.
There are specific rules when it comes to obtaining a Mizoram birth certificate, and the process is below:
The Registrar of Births coordinates the process and registration of birth in every village or locality.
● Every Birth should be reported in 21 days from the date of the event. If the process has been reported without any delay, the registration would be handled for free.
● After 21 days but within 30 days from the date of occurrence, one can be registered by the Registrar of Births with a permission fee. The fee increases based on the amount of time that the applicant takes to register for the process
The process of registering a birth is quite simple, but we have added the rules below.
● Get a Birth Certificate Registration Form from the concerned registrar’s office depending on the city, town or village you live in Mizoram. When a child is born in a hospital, the form is provided by the Medical Officer Incharge.
● Fill in the form and submit to the Registrar. Documents such as the Birth report provided by the hospital where the birth took place and Identity proofs of the parents are required.
● Once the verification of the birth records (date, time, place of birth, parent’s ID proof,
nursing home etc.) is done by the registrar, the birth certificate is issued to the applicant.
● Under the provision of Section 14 of the Act, a birth certificate can be obtained without the name of the child. In such cases, the name can be entered by the concerned registration authorities without any charge within 12 months and by charging the prescribed fee up to 15 years (from the date of registration).
● In case of accidental loss or damage of Births Certificate, duplicate copies may be
obtained through the office of District Research Officer, Economics and Statistics
There are other forms relating to the birth certificate process online as well. Applicants can download them to make changes to their birth certificate if there were errors and typos. They can also apply for new ones if they lost theirs. After registering the birth in Mizoram, getting a birth certificate is easy.
Although the process is quite simple, there might be slight changes depending on where they are applied and the states in which the application is dropped. Depending on which part of Mizoram an applicant is applying from, they can use one of the main links mentioned below to get through the process.